Monday, April 11, 2005

Back by popular demand!

Home at last. The vacation did me good. When you go south in the Netherlands, the scenery changes. Where at first there are only green fields as far as the eye can see, the landscape takes on an earthier colour, more trees appear and the landscape eventually changes into rolling hills.
The last time I drove this route, was when I brought my lover to the airport, never to see her again. Every windmill I passed reminded me of how I pointed it out to her. I remember her sticking her face up the carwindow and absorbing every sight as if she couldn't get enough of it. Her joy was childlike and unconcealed. Beautiful to behold.
Well.... ehm...... yeah...... (There goes my insensitive tough-guy image.)

My vacation itself consisted of long walks through forests and fields, venturing into the dangerous lands of Belgium and Germany. The only note-worthy conversation I had was with a friendly shopkeeper who got a little carried away, asking personal questions. I really had to restrain myself not to grab her furry little in-bred ears and smash that porksnout on the counter. But I'm digressing.

I actually did learn a lot about life and myself these last few days and have made a little list of my most noteworthy and wise thoughts.

1. Never scratch your balls right after crushing dried chilli peppers with your hands.
2. Stick to Heineken and dont try the local drool.
3. There is no fate worse for a man than losing his connection to God.
4. Don't go chickshopping at "Motorclub Jack's Place" (by bikers for bikers).

3 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

hmmm im really glad you got yourself reconnected...hugs. glad to have you back! take care, as always, and yeah dont scratch anything after chilipeppers! :P

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sassy said...

I'm glad ur back! Sometimes I think everyone needs time with themselves to realize...all u have is yourself. I've missed ya though. It hasnt been the same without ya! BTW...u make me fucking laugh!!!=))

6:04 PM  
Blogger Le chameau insatiable said...

i like you but i'm somewhat disappointed... heineken is for sissies. do me a favour, drink some real beer. to know whether it's good beer, it shouldn't be yellow. if you need suggestions, i will certainly help you. it's not because you live in a flat country that you should drink boring beers.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home