Monday, January 02, 2006

Sad and Disturbing Stories


It's Januari. The snow is snowing and the wind is blowing. (And I'm freezing my ass off.) So in honor of my dear friend Sassy, I've decided to proclaim Januari to be sick, twisted, sad and disturbing stories month.
This month I will only be posting sad, sick, twisted and disturbing stories. I invite all the people in my friends list to do the same: Fine artist, Cloddy, Evil Krissy, Sassy (don't worry hon, you'll win anyway), Laila, Le Chameau, Madbaggage, LoneTreeonThePrairy, Air Force Wife, Cute Jessie, CiscoKid and Rain, (and all those that are not on my list who should have been on it in the first place) to dig deep inside the filth of their depraved psyche and put in words that awful truth that defies explanation.

Of course there will be a reward. The one with the sickest, saddest, most disturbing story this month will recieve the "Bulbs Disturbing Story" award which will consist of a neat little .JPG thingy which you can stick on your blog to show the world the depth of your pain.

As for the rules:
1. The story has got to be about your family, (In-laws count.), or your closest friends. (You gotta have slept with at least two of them.)
2. The story has got to be real and unembellished. (We have our ways of checking it.)
3. The story has got to give a "Oh my God no wonder you're so fucked up!" effect.
4. The story has got to make Jessie cry.
5. The story has got to make Sassy feel better.
6. You can provide as many entries as you like. (Provided it's still Januari.)

So for starters here are my two entries: The Pain We Carry Inside and On becoming a Man. They score high in the sad and disturbing categories. Not so much in the sick and twisted categories, but they are just appetizers. I'll come back in a couple of days with the story of my still-born nephew.

Good luck, may the saddest fuck win.

20 Comments:

Blogger Le chameau insatiable said...

hey, thanks for tagging me. i'm entering the most depressing months of the year, so it's perfect timing.i hope i win it, never received any awards yet.

10:52 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Damn it. I’ll do it, eventually,(have some paper work I have been avoiding) and it WILL be shady.

11:25 PM  
Blogger prairie biker said...

Sorry man. I'm gonna sit this one out.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Ms Burden said...

Deal!!!

I may write about a terrible car wreck I got involved in 2001 or, maybe, about a filthy friend of my sister who ate the last slice of my condensed milk pudding back to my kindergarten times ...If I ever bumped into this young lady again... she'd be afraid of being born!!!!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I love it. It's original and it's dark. You've made me very happy.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

OMG THE PRESSURE!! THE PRESSURE!!
*Puts on thinking cap*

1:58 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

will play off web. Not out-ing others who might not choose for the world to know.
Just emailed you - please confirm I got the addy right if you want a short list for a private giggle!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Stout said...

I'm depressed that it is freaking 76 degrees out at the beginning of the year. Seriously. Why can't it be cold for a few weeks?!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Buuulb! Don't drive me nuts - say something - even "Your email disappeared and went to the wrong guy and he shot himself" - you know - an anchor to wrap my head round (before jumping overboard.......)

??

11:05 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Stout should be shot. Whiner. Ya want cold? Come up here where it's a balmy 6 degrees...Ok, so it's not this week, but last week it was!! Bleh!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger bulb said...

<---- makes mental note: shoot stout. Ok Got it.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Rosie (formerly known as Rox) said...

Sorry I've gotten behind on reading blogs, but I'm back now. Unfortunately I released all the pain of my past, so I guess I won't have a submission for consideration. Great luck to you and many happy (or sad) posts. Missing you. ~Rosie~

10:06 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

my sick, sad, no wonder I'm screwed up story is posted. enjoy.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Im just sad and disturbing, no need for a story. ha ha

miss you, bulb

3:48 PM  
Blogger Stout said...

I don't even need to write a sad story. Jess wanting to shoot me is sad enough!

I'll make sure to avoid Bulb if I ever make it to Amsterdamn. Getting shot would suck.

10:44 PM  
Blogger kris said...

ok boy ill write something...hmmm so many memories so little time... ehh havent had that bad of a life that i can remember but ill tell you of bits and pieces of when i was 2 and why my father got custody of my brother and i...heh

10:54 PM  
Blogger CiscoKid said...

Ok, here is my entry.

RAMBLINGS INC

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

BTW Babe, just to let you know...No offense to anyone else, but the only one who perhaps can make me cry is Sassy. I think it's cause I know her personally and I see firsthand what she is going through. Nice try though :p

9:38 PM  
Blogger bulb said...

@leChameau: Thank you for your kind offer, but as it is, I already have a lot of underwear.

@Jess: I bet I could make you cry!

7:25 AM  
Blogger S.A. said...

I should have been on your list of sad stories. We have seen a lot of stuff and we EMS folks experience more than what people should have to. I got lots of tales to tell should you want one.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home