Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Meat!


Time for some facts:

* 25% of American men and 45% of American women are on a diet on any given day (Smolak, 1996).
* Americans spend over $40 billion on dieting and diet-related products each year (Smolak, 1996).
* The average American woman is 5'4" tall and weighs 140 pounds. The average American model is 5'11" tall and weighs 117 pounds. Most fashion models are thinner than 98% of American women (Smolak, 1996).

Add these three thoroughly researched facts together and what do you get? One fucked up and sick society. I couldn't get the facts on Europe, but I imagine it's not much different over here. What the hell are we doing to ourselves people?

More on Mickey tomorrow.

p.s. I happen to like a little meat on my women.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Thats a photoshop enhanced picture from one of the pro-anorexia sites.
That said, its not done to scare young girls off, they actually end up aspiring to really look like an emaciated version of Kate Moss or whoever.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I never understood why men would want to bone a skeleton. Glad to hear you aren't like that! I don't want to be "skinny" I just want to be able to do things without being out of breath and have rolls hanging out of my shirt..lol I don't diet really..I try to get more activity..sex is an activity isn't it? Wanna help me get more activity? hehe

4:05 PM  
Blogger Coyote Bebop said...

My favorite protest of "models" being hot came from the comical writer/creator of "Family Guy", Seth McFarlane;

"Of course I love Paris Hilton. Who WOULDN'T want to have sex with a grasshopper."

6:32 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Thanks for liking real women, that's very cool. A lot of men like the Survivor look, I can't understand why.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous LAILA said...

I'm overweight right now and my husband does not complain much. He's too, btw. We are a fat happy couple (sometimes).

2:20 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Hmm..I have some meat. I used to be really skinny, I have some meat now. I look better. What kind of sauce would you like with your meat, Bulb?

5:47 PM  
Blogger Dita said...

Can I have anything else to be depressed about? But ah, so true. BTW, I'm not the skinny model...

3:20 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Lush, curvaceous, bodacious, Rubenesque women…
Lithe, angular, slight, delicate women….

Nothing is more beautiful than a natural woman…
Be she one or the other or in between…

We all have our body type preferences…
But the woman who doesn’t torture herself to fit the images that others prescribe,
she is free, and I don't mean easy....

4:21 AM  
Blogger Cloddy said...

*pinches* I got more than an inch.

9:55 PM  
Blogger bulb said...

I sure as hell hope Cloddy is not talking about .... oh rrright she´s a she.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home